We are the premier foodservice distributor in Ontario. We meet our customers' unique needs by delivering superior service, value and flexibility. This mission is made possible by attracting the best talent in the industry and treating our employees like family.
Join our Quality Assurance team! Now hiring a Health and Safety Specialist!
What it’s all about:
The health and safety of our workers is our first priority at Flanagan’s. As our Health and Safety Specialist, you are committed to ensuring employee safety through developing, executing, monitoring and testing our programs and procedures. Primarily located at our Kitchener office, you will also support the execution of these programs at our other facilities requiring a little bit of travel within Ontario. Your goal will be to deliver service excellence to both our internal and external customers and stakeholders.
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation package
- Pension and RRSP plans
- Profit Sharing Program
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits
- Paid Personal Days and Your Birthday Off!
- Family oriented culture
What you’ll do:
You have demonstrated commitment to our number one strategy, Safety is paramount. Our focus is on a) employee safety; b) food safety. You have a solid background in health and safety, and enjoy working in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities. You are a people person who can work within a team environment and is comfortable problem solving while delivering Service Excellence to our internal and external partners.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Assist in developing health & safety quality improvement initiatives within all Flanagan branches
- Monitor health & safety systems and advise management on system performance; publish statistics regarding performance against set goals.
- Perform gap analysis between applicable standards.
- Perform internal health & safety audits that are compliant with corporate policies, practices, and procedures.
- Assist Quality Assurance Supervisor in maintaining a health & safety program for monitoring quality, including audits.
- Conduct risk analyses, verification, validation activities, and formal design.
- Promote and advocate quality achievement and performance improvement across the organization.
- Act as liaison with health & safety auditors and assume responsibility for ensuring corrective actions.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with industrial sector OHSA standards and local legislation.
- Persuade staff to adopt and incorporate quality methods into their work.
- Maintain health & safety control documentation.
- Identify relevant health & safety training needs and opportunities.
- Maintain a constant awareness of company profitability, including budgetary control issues.
- Active member on the JHSC Committee managing agenda’s and minutes for all Flanagan divisions
- Managing monthly JHSC safety inspections
- Keep track of health & safety and food safety training requirements for personnel
- Maintain first aid stations and first aid licenses
- Accident Investigations
- Early and Return to Work program
- Active Lead assistant in the Safety Group HSEP Program and WSPS DC Safety Action Team Program
- Back up support for Quality Assurance Supervisor in all areas of health and safety.
- Other assigned duties
What we need:
- JHSC Certification employee member
- Certified first aider
- Minimum 2-4 years of direct work experience with health & safety systems, OHSA regulations, guidelines, and associated standards.
- Must possess excellent communication skills for liaising and communicating with vendors and internal departments.
- Practical experience with risk management.
- Training and knowledge of Six Sigma techniques and Lean Manufacturing are desirable.
- Highly motivated and self-directed.
- Capable of multi-tasking, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Extremely detail-oriented and analytical thinker.
- Able to interface directly with cross-functional teams.
- Able to develop, review, and maintain metrics and quality audits.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
To apply: send us your Resume and Cover Letter.
This role is the difference you deserve!
Flanagan Foodservice Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and has an accommodation process in place to provide accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please let us know by submitting your request to email@example.com so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations.