Flanagan Foodservice is the largest independent Canadian Foodservice distributor in Canada. We provide customized Foodservice delivery to a varied portfolio of clients; from restaurants to schools, hospitals and retirement homes, we deliver the best quality ingredients to ensure Canadians have an amazing food experience wherever they dine tonight!
Join our team! Now hiring Local AZ Foodservice Shunt driver on the midnight shift.
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to be home every night
- Hiring rates from $20.36
- Pension and RRSP plans
- A Profit Sharing Program
- Health and Dental Benefits effective day one!
- Paid Personal Days and a day off for your Birthday!
- Uniform and boot allowance
- Current and well maintained fleet of trucks
- A family oriented culture
What it's all about:
The Shunter position supports the transportation team in our Whitby distribution center. As an AZ licensed professional, the Shunter is responsible for coordinating activity in the yard by maintaining communications with Transportation Supervisory Team and the Warehouse Team so that our tractors and trailers are loaded and ready for route deployment.
What you'll do:
- Safekeeping of company equipment and product
- Safe and efficient coordination of tractors and trailers into and out of doors for loading within our Central Distribution Yard
- Maintain top quality housekeeping: schedule equipment for maintenance work with outside vendors and report and mechanical and/or technical problems to Transportation Supervisory Team
- Transfer equipment for repair and pick up
- Ensure all reefer temperatures are set properly and according to Flanagan Foodservice established procedures
- Ensure all equipment is in compliance with our food safety/food defense program.
- Fuel all trucks prior to deployment on a scheduled route
- Provide ideas to enable Flanagan Foodservice to continue to grow
- Must demonstrate an adherence to all HACCP and Food Handling practices
- Other duties as required
What we need:
- A valid AZ license and a clean driver’s abstract and CVOR
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Be physically fit to lift heavy product consistently (up to 40 kg) and enjoy an active career
- Must have a flexible schedule (Ability to work statutory holidays and occasional Saturdays)
- Shift: Nights
To apply send us your Resume, Driver's Abstract and CVOR.
This role is the difference you deserve!
Flanagan Foodservice Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and has an accommodation process in place to provide accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please let us know by submitting your request to firstname.lastname@example.org so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations.