Flanagan Foodservice is the largest independent Canadian Foodservice distributor in Canada. We provide customized Foodservice delivery to a varied portfolio of clients; from restaurants to schools, hospitals and retirement homes, we deliver the best quality ingredients to ensure Canadians have an amazing food experience wherever they dine tonight!
Come join our team today as Vice-President, Operations and be part of our award winning team:
- 2020 Platinum Status as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies
- 2019 Pinnacle Award for Supplier of the Year
- 2019 Golden Link Award for Supply Chain Excellence - The Wendy's Company
- 2017 Local Food Champion Award - Greenbelt Fund
What it's all about:
You will lead a team of 6 direct reports and 530 indirect reports within Operations, including project management, quality assurance, health and safety, warehouse and transportation. You will have overall accountability for the profitability of Flanagan warehouses and divisions, ensuring the effective execution of the organization's short and long term goals. As a decisive and results oriented leader, you fully utilize both technical skills and teamwork to meet the organization's goals and influence/motivate change. Travel will be primarily local during the business day, but there will be occasional out-of-town and overnight travel as required.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Providing strategic and operational leadership across the organization and to all
- Regulatory and reporting compliance with all relevant authorities
- Driving cost effectiveness, efficiency, standardization where appropriate all while
balancing service excellence
- Establishing operational processes measured by supporting KPI’s – develop process
to monitor and continuously improve
- Establishing relationships with key suppliers and service providers and lead
negotiation for procurement of equipment and supplies
- Developing, documenting and executing a comprehensive logistics and distribution
strategy which will drive optimal customer service at the lowest possible cost
- Model and use decision support analysis for budgeting, costing, purchasing,
capacity planning and forecasting
- Overseeing all aspects of Health & Safety, Food Safety and Quality to ensure
compliance with OHSA and GFSI (or other Food Safety accreditations)
- Establishing operational procedures and training (including driver training)
programs; develop and maintain SOPs
- Driving in-bound freight program and backhaul program from a logistics
- Overseeing the Project Management Office responsible for the organization’s ongoing
projects and ensuring that all project deliverables adhere to quality
standards, establishing effective project communication plans and ensuring their
- Leading PMO governance – planning and executing projects with a standardized
What we need:
- A minimum College Business diploma or University Bachelor’s degree in
Business, with preference to candidate’s holding a Master’s degree in Business
- Proven track record of at least 5-7 years senior leadership experience in supply chain
- A varied background in food distribution, warehousing, transportation, logistics,
maintenance, and financial management resulting in total capability and
effectiveness to manage in a multi-location operation
- Experience in food service or cold chain strongly preferred. Project Management
Professional (PMP) certification is an asset
- Knowledge of quality (TQM, Six Sigma, HACCP, GFSI or other Food Safety
accreditations) methodology and experience in implementing such programs in
an operational environment
- Strong knowledge of regulatory issues, MTO WSIB, Ministry of Labour, CFIA etc.
To apply send us your Cover Letter and Resume.
This role is the difference you deserve!
Flanagan Foodservice Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and has an accommodation process in place to provide accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please let us know by submitting your request to email@example.com so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations.