We are the premier Foodservice distributor in Ontario. We meet our customers' unique needs by delivering superior service, value and flexibility.
- Pension and RRSP plans
- Profit Sharing Program
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits
- Paid Personal Days and Your Birthday !
- Gym Membership Benefit
- Uniform and Boot Allowance
- Current, well maintained Fleet of Trucks
- All local work/Home every day
- Family oriented culture
The Shunter position supports the transportation team in our distribution center. AZ licensed professional, the Shunter is responsible for coordinating activity in the yard by maintaining communications with Transportation Supervisory Team and the Warehouse Team so that our tractors and trailers are loaded and ready for route deployment.
Key accountabilities for the role will include but are not limited to:
- Safe and efficient coordination of tractors and trailers into and out of doors for loading within our Central Distribution Yard
- Safekeeping of company equipment and product
- Maintain top quality housekeeping: schedule equipment for maintenance work with outside vendors and report and mechanical and/or technical problems to Transportation Supervisory Team
- Transfer equipment for repair and pick up
- Ensure all reefer temperatures are set properly and according to Flanagan Foodservice established procedures
- Ensure all equipment is in compliance with our food safety/food defense program.
- Fuel all trucks prior to deployment on a scheduled route
- Provide ideas to enable Flanagan Foodservice to continue to grow
- Must demonstrate an adherence to all HACCP and Food Handling practices
- Other duties as required.
- A valid AZ license and a clean driver’s abstract and CVOR
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Be physically fit to lift heavy product consistently (up to 40 kg) and enjoy an active career
- Must have a flexible schedule: Monday through Friday with the possibility of working statutory holidays
To apply send us your Resume, Driver's Abstract and CVOR and tell us why You should be on our Team !
Flanagan Foodservice Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and has an accommodation process in place to provide accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please let us know by submitting your request to email@example.com so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations.